Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A great substitute for a pickle, and will add "life" to really any dish! Plan ahead the onions have to marinate for a minumum of 2 hours. I only use Kosher salt to make these but you can use about 1-1/2 teaspoons regular white salt, or to taste.
- Separate the rings and place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt; toss to coat with salt, then let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the onions under cold water and drain very well.
- Place the rings between paper towels and pat dry, then place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, sugar and black pepper; pour over the rings in the bowl; toss to coat well.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Yummy pickled onions! I halved the recipe. Great to put in sandwiches! Thanks!