1/1 Photo of Easy Pickled Red Onions
A great substitute for a pickle, and will add "life" to really any dish! Plan ahead the onions have to marinate for a minumum of 2 hours. I only use Kosher salt to make these but you can use about 1-1/2 teaspoons regular white salt, or to taste.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the rings and place into a large bowl.
- 2Sprinkle with Kosher salt; toss to coat with salt, then let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Rinse the onions under cold water and drain very well.
- 4Place the rings between paper towels and pat dry, then place in a bowl.
- 5In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, sugar and black pepper; pour over the rings in the bowl; toss to coat well.
- 6Place in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pickled Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1397.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g