These beets are so easy and taste great!
Make and share this Easy Pickled Beets recipe from Food.com.
- Boil beets for approx.
- 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and pour cold water over them.
- Peel skin off and cut roots& tops off.
- In a sauce pan add remaining ingredients, stir.
- and add beets, bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Good for 1 month in refridgerator.
I had 4 whole cases of canned beets given to me so I used 2 cases for pickled. I also substituted canned beets, drained very well, (overnight in the fridge), 1/2 cin. stick, whole cloves and they turned out awesome with this recipe! *Yummmmm!!
First time I've ever made Pickled Beets! Excellent!! Will be making these again Tuesday night. Farmers market is here Saturdays and Tuesdays. Will be buying more beets!!
Excellent! I used to make a recipe from my old cookbook called Sweet & Sour Beets; this recipe tastes better on beets! I made exactly as stated, except 1/2 recipe.