Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes an easy appetizer or weekend snack! feel free to flavor the cream cheese mixture as you desire, how about taco seasoning mix or dry ranch dressing mix, or purchased flavored cream cheese! The servings is only estimated, it will depend on the size you slice the rolls, if you slice them 1-1/2 inch thick you will get about 50 small rolls, slice them to whatever size desired. Plan ahead the rolls need to chill 1 hour before slicing.
Top Review by Derf
MMM very good mix of flavours. I used ham slices because it was what I had in, also used old sharp cheddar, the garlic and baby dills in onions and garlic, with the fresh ground pepper. i just made half a recipe. Lovely flavourful combo, I will be making them over the Holidays, thanks for posting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- black pepper
- 16 slices deli round bologna (purchase a good-quality bologna for this, or you may use Italian salami)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 baby dill pickles, drained (or use dill pickle quarters)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese with cheddar cheese, garlic and black pepper to taste (or flavor as desired).
- Spread about 1 tablespoon (or a little more) onto each bologna slice.
- Place 2 pickles lengthwise at the end of each bologna slice.
- Roll the pickles in the bologna slice.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Before serving slice each roll into desired sizes (for appetizer slice about 1 to 1-1/2-inch slices).