Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes an easy appetizer or weekend snack! feel free to flavor the cream cheese mixture as you desire, how about taco seasoning mix or dry ranch dressing mix, or purchased flavored cream cheese! The servings is only estimated, it will depend on the size you slice the rolls, if you slice them 1-1/2 inch thick you will get about 50 small rolls, slice them to whatever size desired. Plan ahead the rolls need to chill 1 hour before slicing.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- black pepper
- 16 slices deli round bologna (purchase a good-quality bologna for this, or you may use Italian salami)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 baby dill pickles, drained (or use dill pickle quarters)
- In a bowl mix together the softened cream cheese with cheddar cheese, garlic and black pepper to taste (or flavor as desired).
- Spread about 1 tablespoon (or a little more) onto each bologna slice.
- Place 2 pickles lengthwise at the end of each bologna slice.
- Roll the pickles in the bologna slice.
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Before serving slice each roll into desired sizes (for appetizer slice about 1 to 1-1/2-inch slices).
MMM very good mix of flavours. I used ham slices because it was what I had in, also used old sharp cheddar, the garlic and baby dills in onions and garlic, with the fresh ground pepper. i just made half a recipe. Lovely flavourful combo, I will be making them over the Holidays, thanks for posting.
We LOVED these WONDERFUL ZESTY treats! I made a half recipe. I used lite thin sliced lebanese bologna, neufchatel, 2 percent cheddar, extra garlic, zesty dill spears, creole seasoning and fresh ground black pepper. We enjoyed them right away. Easy to eat as a whole roll but pretty cut into slices. Thanks for this keeper low carb recipe! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
My grandmother used to make a similar recipe. These are so good! I love the addition of the cheddar cheese. Thanks for posting, Kittencal