Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are just so easy to make using what you have on hand for a fast dessert. Just multiply ingredients by how many you want to serve.
- 1 sheet phyllo pastry
- 2 -3 tablespoons sweetened stewed fruit (any plain stewed or canned fruit works well or see below for more ideas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- oil or melted butter, to brush pastry dough
- icing sugar, for dusting cooked tart
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Brush the sheet of phyllo pastry with melted butter or oil.
- Scrunch up to form a nest and place on a flat or shallow baking tray.
- Spoon the fruit into the centre.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Dust with a little icing sugar if desired.
- Serve with some ready-made custard or whipped cream.
- FILLING IDEAS:.
- Stewed feijoas mixed with a little ginger.
- Cooked apples mixed with a little cinnamon, cloves and pistachio nuts or nuts of your choice.
- Canned peaches mixed with a little coconut and mixed spice.
This was good. But I had a problem with the sheets breaking. But I managed to get one that was good for photo. I used a raspberry & apple filling
I made this recipe for the April 09 Aussie/Kiwi Swap. I made this with peaches, a cinnamon stick and brown suga. It must be me - I used more than one sheet, and it just wasn't "strong" enough for the fruit. But it was SO tasty. I will keep trying.