Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very good sandwich and easy. If you love green peppers and onions like I do, you will love this sandwich.
- 1 lb shaved roast beef (deli style)
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese (sandwich slices)
- 4 french bread rolls
- 1 large green pepper (sliced in strips)
- 1 large onion (sliced fairly thin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking pepper and onion)
- margarine (I like I Can't Believe it's not Butter)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- mustard (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a skillet, fry green pepper and onion in the olive oil until done; set aside.
- Cut rolls in half for a sandwich and spread each side lightly with margarine.
- Either toast in the oven or brown in a skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet you toasted rolls, add enough roast beef for a sandwich, cook until heated through.
- Then add slice of provolone cheese on top of roast beef until melted.
- Sometimes I will toast it on top of the bread.
- Make your sandwich by putting on the roast beef, cheese, onions, and green peppers.
- Top with condiments of your choosing.
Wow, this is a great combination in a sandwich! I thought it might be too much onion but it was perfect. Instead of the optional condiments, I used Horseradish Sauce. Thanks Paula for a keeper!