paula giles's Note:
This is a very good sandwich and easy. If you love green peppers and onions like I do, you will love this sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shaved roast beef (deli style)
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese (sandwich slices)
- 4 french bread rolls
- 1 large green pepper (sliced in strips)
- 1 large onion (sliced fairly thin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking pepper and onion)
- margarine (I like I Can't Believe it's not Butter)
- 1In a skillet, fry green pepper and onion in the olive oil until done; set aside.
- 2Cut rolls in half for a sandwich and spread each side lightly with margarine.
- 3Either toast in the oven or brown in a skillet; set aside.
- 4In same skillet you toasted rolls, add enough roast beef for a sandwich, cook until heated through.
- 5Then add slice of provolone cheese on top of roast beef until melted.
- 6Sometimes I will toast it on top of the bread.
- 7Make your sandwich by putting on the roast beef, cheese, onions, and green peppers.
- 8Top with condiments of your choosing.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Philly Sandwich With Peppers and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (1237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.7
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 873.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 51.2 g