Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Pesto with Noodles :) I use a pre-made pesto and put this together for myself as a quick and light lunch. One package pesto adds 40 calories to this dish. Could also be doubled or quadrupled for a family meal or side dish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, spaghetti shaped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon pesto sauce (I use a pre-made frozen pesto, fresh is best!)
- Rinse and drain tofu noodles very well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and rinse and drain again.
- You may want to pat dry with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu noodles and saute 2 or 3 minutes until noodles appear dried.
- Add butter and pesto sauce and heat 2 or 3 more minutes until butter and pesto cover the noodles.
This is quick and easy, all right. This was my first time trying shirataki noodles, and I think they take a bit of getting used to (the package warned of the "authentic aroma") but for so few calories I can make the adjustment. I added a bit more pesto, just to personal taste. Thanks, Brooke!
Great recipe: super easy, super quick, super delicious; and - if the mood so takes you - there's scope for adding a few more ingredients if you have just a few more minutes available! But seriously, the recipe is great exactly as it is. I used an excellent quality pesto from a long-trusted Greek deli, and made this exactly to the recipe. This will be a regular quick meal for me now, Brooke! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
These were really yummy noodles and so quick and easy. I already had some homemade pesto sauce prepared, so it took me no time to have this ready for my family today when I felt too busy to cook! I had a little trouble trying to decide how to adjust this to make enough for my family. I think the serving sizes are a little large, but maybe it's just me. Thanks Brooke! Made for Zaar Tag.