Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Pesto with Noodles :) I use a pre-made pesto and put this together for myself as a quick and light lunch. One package pesto adds 40 calories to this dish. Could also be doubled or quadrupled for a family meal or side dish.
Top Review by Susiecat too
This is quick and easy, all right. This was my first time trying shirataki noodles, and I think they take a bit of getting used to (the package warned of the "authentic aroma") but for so few calories I can make the adjustment. I added a bit more pesto, just to personal taste. Thanks, Brooke!
- 1 (8 ounce) package tofu shirataki noodles, spaghetti shaped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon pesto sauce (I use a pre-made frozen pesto, fresh is best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain tofu noodles very well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and rinse and drain again.
- You may want to pat dry with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu noodles and saute 2 or 3 minutes until noodles appear dried.
- Add butter and pesto sauce and heat 2 or 3 more minutes until butter and pesto cover the noodles.