Recipe by thedixongang
From Taste of Home April 2008, contributed by Betsy Hedeman. These biscuits have the PERFECT texture & are super easy, even for a "biscuit novice" like me! Wonderful with ham, sausage, egg....or just by themselves.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cottage cheese for 2 minutes. Beat in egg and milk until blended. Stir into crumb mixture until just moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2 inches thickness; cut out 8 biscuits with a floured 2 1/2 inches biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 8-12 minutes or until golden.