10 hrs 20 mins
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This recipe is from Betty Crocker's Holiday Cookbook. Great recipe for the holidays. Time indicated includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream or 1/2 gallon party mint chocolate chip ice cream or 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies or 1/3 cup candy cane
- 1Mix crushed cookies and melted butter.
- 2Press mixture in bottom of ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- 3Stir together ice cream and 2 cups of the cool whip topping; spoon evenly onto chocolate cookie crust.
- 4Freeze 3 hrs till firm.
- 5Meanwhile; melt butter and chocolate in 2 qt saucepan over low heat, stir constantly.
- 6Stir in sugar; gradually stir in milk.
- 7Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stir constantly.
- 8Cook and stir 5 minutes till slightly thick; stir in vanilla.
- 9Cool completely, about 2 hours pour 2 cups of chocolate sauce evenly over ice cream.
- 10freeze at least 8 hrs and no longer than 2 weeks.
- 11Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- 12Reheat reserved sauce till warm.
- 13to serve cut into 5 rows by 3 rows.
- 14Top with sauce and remaining cool whip;
- 15sprinkle with crushed candies.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peppermint Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.1
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 337.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppermint ice cream