Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really fun, traditional, easy treat to make with the little ones for Santa and Rudolf! 8)
Make and share this Easy Peppermint Candy Canes recipe from Food.com.
- Blend together corn syrup, sugar, water, and cream of tartar.
- Stir, dissolving the sugar.
- Without stirring, cook until the hard ball stage (265°F).
- Remove from burner; add peppermint oil, blend well.
- Divide into 2 porions.
- In one half, add red coloring.
- Pour over greased platters.
- Let cool.
- When cool enough to touch, pull each apart seperatly.
- Form into ropes and twist red with white candy mixtures.
- Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
My 11 year old son and I did this on a very cold weekend out of bordom. The recipe turned out exactly as stated. However, when a 40 year old man and a 11 year old boy make candy canes, a lot of fingertips are burned. Be patient and let it COOL correctly first. They taste just like the ones from specialty shops! Very good, Very fun!