1/3 Photos of Easy Peppermint Bark
This is a really unique twist on peppermint bark that I made this Christmas and everyone loved. It is so easy too! The recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food but I tweaked it a little to suit my tastes and made the prep easier. One thing I did that was not called for, that you can leave out if you choose, is I melted peppermint chocolate chips (they are called "UFOs" from Trader Joes- the best grocery store ever!) and dipped the bottoms in. Next time I will probably just melt them and drizzle over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unwrap candy canes and place in a thick ziplock bag. The freezer kind or if using the regular ones just use two, one inside the other to make it thick. You can also use hard peppermint candies if you are making this after Christmas. Place the candy inside the bag and crush it using a large metal spoon or a rolling pin- not too small, not too big. Martha would have you sift the candy to seperate the large pieces from the dust. I did not- it is up to you.
- 2Line a jelly roll pan (baking sheet with sides) or a 9x13 baking dish with tin foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- 3Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pot of simmering water. Test bowl before adding water to be sure it will sit on the pot and not dip down to low. Add water and test again- then heat up the water. Heat, stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted.
- 4Remove bowl from heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- 5Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread. You can make it thick or thin.
- 6Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy. Press them into the chocolate lightly otherwise they will fall off later- use waxed paper, the back of a spoon or your fingers. If you choose you can melt the mint chips and drizzle them over the top.
- 7Chill 20-30 minutes. Apparently if you leave it in the fridge longer it will get soft.
- 8Peel tin foil off and break into pieces.
- 9Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peppermint Bark
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1047.2
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 113.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: