Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just threw this together one night for a side to our grilled steaks. Because it was so good I have since used this recipe many times when in need of a quick & tasty vegetable.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen baby peas
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- granulated sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet to med/high.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp butter, onions, and mushrooms; sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add defrosted peas; stir well.
- Add remaining olive oil, salt and pepper then stir.
- Lower heat to med- cook until heated thoroughly.
Not sure if it was the frozen peas but this one didn't do me.
so good! probably the best peas i've had! went looking around zaar for a way to dress up a plain ol' can of peas & i'm glad i found your recipe! i did add a bit of minced garlic with the onion & mushrooms & next time i'll probably add some crushed red pepper just for a kick but this is a great recipe as is. thanks!