Recipe by literarynuts8
This is a yummy Weight Watchers recipe that is super easy and quick! This is a recipe that can be for a quiet evening at home, or fancy enough for entertaining. I made this at a girl's night party and everyone really liked it! This recipe is one that I have adapted to meet my own tastes. This is 4 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
Top Review by Lori Mama
This is yummy. I'm not on any diet and I don't really care for whole wheat pasta, but wanted to try it. I think this dish would be even better made with fresh basil. I will try that when it's in season here. Made for Easy Does It! Event. :)
- 2 ounces dry whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 ounce lowfat mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 medium diced red bell pepper (can also use a green pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil at medium heat. Add red bell pepper and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle on basil. Cook on medium heat until pepper is at your desired tenderness (about 6-9 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to box directions and drain.
- Toss spaghetti, pepper mixture, and mozzarella cheese until throughly mixed. Add one more 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil if needed. Add garlic salt to taste.