Recipe by Debbie Smith
This recipe comes from an old version of the Betty Crocker Cookbook that my mother got when she first married. It is wonderful addition to any chocolate cake. Enough for 2 - 8" or 9" layers or 1 - 13x9" oblong cake.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Boil and stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually stir in confectioner's sugar.
- Place pan in ice water and stir until thick enough to spread.