1/1 Photo of Easy Pennsylvania Dutch Cracker Pudding
Kat's Mom's Note:
This is one of my favorite puddings. The surprising mixture of the saltiness of the crackers mixed with the sweetness of the coconut is amazing. If you need to avoid salt, you could use graham crackers. Excellent with whipped cream and even better the next day. A lovely way to use up milk nearing its expiration date. Do *not* omit crackers as that is what thickens the pudding. Preparation time includes cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk to a simmer in a medium pan (do not boil).
- 2Mix crackers, sugar and coconut in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir cracker mixture into milk in the pan.
- 4Beat eggs in the medium bowl you just emptied.
- 5Stir a few spoonfuls of the hot pan mixture into the beaten egg.
- 6Now add egg mixture to pan and gently boil about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in vanilla.
- 8Chill and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pennsylvania Dutch Cracker Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 254.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g