Recipe by riffraff
This is my family's favorite dish that I make. And it is sooo easy! It is enough for 6 adults. Or 2 adults and 2 kids, with more than enough to have for dinner the next night, and then lunch for 2 kids the next day. It's also good if you leave out the chicken.
- 1 box penne pasta (use Barilla brand!)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 jars Classico Alfredo with sun dried tomatoes
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach completely in a colander lined with a few paper towels.
- This may take a few hours.
- Squeeze spinach completely dry.
- Set aside.
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
- Brown in a skillet.
- Keep warm.
- Cook penne according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, add both jars of sauce, tomato and spinach.
- Bring to a simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue simmering for 10 minutes or so.
- When pasta is done, drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Add Alfredo mixture and stir again.
- Serve right away with garlic bread.