Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Made this on the fly one night for something different. My husband was craving Peking pork so I made this with steamed rice and stir-fryed veggies. Came out pretty darn good :)
- Add everything except the roast to a small mixing bowl.
- Spread a generous layer of the sauce on all sides of the roast. Reserve the rest of the sauce for later.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the roast in a small casserole dish and loosely cover with foil.
- With the remaining sauce baste the roast ever 20 - 30 minutes for 2 hours.
Excellent and a recipe I'll use again! I cut a 3 pound roast into cubes and marinated with half of the sauce in a bag. My plans were to then bake as directed. but shorten the oven time. Dinner plans however went a different direction and the cubes marinated overnight. I then dumped them into the crockpot on low. When tender I drained the liquid and stirred in the remainder of the sauce. They were tender, mild yet had a rich flavor. so good! Served with rice and a stir fry veggie mix. Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.