Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a really easy way to make a good "yeasty" pizza dough! As well as using this recipe for when I'm making pizza, I also use it for when I'm making a focaccia or a calzone. (The preparation time I have given includes the time it takes to make the dough in the machine and the time it takes for the pizza dough to proof - after removing it from the bread machine, 30 minutes.)
- 9.85 ml dried granulated yeast
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml water, plus
- 29.58 ml water
- SOME PIZZA TOPPING IDEAS.
- Caramelised onions and roasted garlic.
- Mozzarella cheese, Camembert, Romano and Feta (for a really, really cheezy pizza!).
- Equal parts of basil pesto and olive oil mixed together with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Plus some roughly chopped sundried or SEMI-dried tomatoes, sliced black olives and LOTS of grated Mozzarella cheese, salt and lost of freshly ground black pepper!
- Cranberry jelly, shredded chicken, sliced Brie!
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken and sliced avocado!
- THE BREAD.
- Place all the above ingredients in the order I have listed into the bread machine.
- Select the dough cycle and press start!
- When the dough cycle is complete, take the dough out of the machine and place in well greased bowl, and roll the dough around (in the bowl) thus 'coating' it in oil.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1/2 an hour.
- Knead the risen dough lightly.
- To shape and bake: roll the dough into a circle.
- Place on well greased baking tray or pizza pan.
- Then add a topping of your choice and bake at 225'C.
- NOTE: for a nice crisp and very thin pizza, bake BEFORE adding the topping AND after!
My husband and I love this easy to make dough for pizza and calzones... only thing I found is that in my bread machine I have to add the water FIRST, otherwise all the flour won't mix in.
so easy... as for adding the water first, my machine recommends that you do that anyway and make a small indentation into the pile of flour in which to pour the yeast (to keep the yeast from hitting the water too soon and activating too quickly.) Loved the carmelized onion idea for topping.
This was my husbands favorite pizza! I cooked it at 425 for 5 minutes without toppings and 15 minutes after toppings....better than delivery