Recipe by PamalaLauren
I started making this easier version of Sour Cream Enchiladas when I was in college and was into making things easily. This is a dish that makes well over 8 to 10 servings. Best served at large parties or for large families.
- 3 (5 ounce) cansof chopped canned chicken
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 and grease a large baking dish.
- Combine Green Chilies, Sour Cream, Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup, Chicken Broth and 1/2 cup Jack Cheese in pot and bring to a boil.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste to mixture and reduce heat to low.
- Chop onion and add to frying pan and cook until onion is golden.
- In large baking dish spread some of the sauce on the bottom.
- Holding tortilla in your hand, fold in half. Spread some of the cheddar and jack cheese down the middle. Spread some of the onions down the middle, on top of the cheese. Add chicken on top of onions and cheese.
- Close tortilla and place in baking pan. To seal the tortilla shut you can dip a spoon into the sauce and spread it on one of the lips of the tortilla and then press the tortilla ends together.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until baking dish is full or you've made as many as you want.
- Pour rest of sauce over the top of the tortillas and make sure the sauce gets between each enchilada.
- Add any left over cheese to the top of the enchiladas.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!