Recipe by Chef Dee
Easy to peel is number one when you are boiling eggs. When I was in catering, we boiled about 5000 eggs a year, maybe more. This was our method, and one I use at home today. I have scaled it down for your home kitchen.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in pot, cover with enough water to rise 2" above the eggs.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Turn to med high heat, hot enough that the water is still boiling.
- Set the timer for 8 min's.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- With the eggs still in the pot, cover with cold water,then add the ice.
- Let stand for 5 min's before peeling.