Recipe by marna
We make this every Christmas and for my husbands birthday instead of making pecan pie.
Top Review by MPHT
Just like pecan pie! I made these for a teacher's luncheon so bars worked out better than a pie would have. I got rave reviews. I have also halved this recipe and used an 8x8 pan. Yummy!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 236.59 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 828.06-946.36 ml finely chopped pecans
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in 3/4 cup butter thoroughly with pastry blender until you have fine crumbs.
- Press mixture evenly into sprayed or greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup butter in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat.
- To avoid scrambling the eggs, temper the lightly beaten eggs by stirring in 1/4 heated mixture into eggs gradually.
- Once tempered, add egg mixture to sauce pan and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour filling over crust and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until set.