Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We make this every Christmas and for my husbands birthday instead of making pecan pie.
Make and share this Easy Pecan Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in 3/4 cup butter thoroughly with pastry blender until you have fine crumbs.
- Press mixture evenly into sprayed or greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup butter in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat.
- To avoid scrambling the eggs, temper the lightly beaten eggs by stirring in 1/4 heated mixture into eggs gradually.
- Once tempered, add egg mixture to sauce pan and stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour filling over crust and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until set.
Just like pecan pie! I made these for a teacher's luncheon so bars worked out better than a pie would have. I got rave reviews. I have also halved this recipe and used an 8x8 pan. Yummy!
Verrrryyyy good, 10 stars, was easy to make, baked perfectly was set and not runny or overdone in the time specified.I made exactly as called for except I only used 2 cups of pecans chopped, as they are so expensive, and wow they are sooo good!!!I will be making these for xmas and anytime a rich indulgence is required lol, Ty so much for a very nice recipe, I tried a couple of different pecan pie bars in the past and they were not good, so happy I made this!
Wow! Just like a piece of pecan pie..rich and delicious! I made these along with some other bars for my son's high school graduation reception party. Lots of compliments, and requests for the recipe. Thanks! Hazeleyes