Recipe by Go Gators
I've tried tons of pecan pie recipes and can never get them to work, they just never set for me. This recipe from recipelink.com is the only one I've ever got to work. I'm guessing that it is the pudding that makes the difference.
- 4 ounces Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 inches deep dish pie shells, baked
- Cool Whip, as garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend pudding mix with corn syrup.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and egg. Blend well.
- Add pecans.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until top is firm and starts to crack.
- Cool at least 3 hours before cutting.
- Garnish with Cool Whip and additional pecans if desired.