Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very easy and very good. Thanks to Shirley, a NOLA friend.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Sift flour 3 times and blend into butter mixture.
- Add nuts and vanilla.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar.
- Roll again in powdered sugar when cooled.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Riffraff, These cookies are melt in your mouth good.So simple and easy to make too.You must roll them in powdered sugar the second time though. after cooling as the powdered sugar kind of soaks in to them while hot. Thanks for a great recipe. Darlene Summers
These are great! I love cookies that aren't overly sweet so I skipped the powdered sugar step and they were perfect for my tastes! Thanks!
These were really easy to make. I made two batches to freeze for my 4th of July party. I used pecans for one batch and walnuts for another. Thanks for guessing the correct eliminaton on Amazing Race Riffaff - these are terrific!