Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so ridiculously easy to make and bake within 5 minutes. You can sub toasted walnuts in place of pecans. Just be careful not to overcook them, and don't use a dark baking sheet to make these. Here's a tip, purchase a big bag of walnuts and/or pecans, then toast in the oven and keep in a plastic bag in the freezer to have ready when you need them for cookies, they will last for a very long time in the freezer. Warning, you won't be able to stop eating these, they are THAT good! You can make these cookies up to 2 days ahead and store in an airtight container.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 ounces pecans, lightly toasted, minced and cooled (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees (set oven rack to middle position).
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Sift the flour over the batter, then fold into the batter.
- Fold in minced pecans and chocolate chips (if using).
- Drop by level 1/2 teaspoons batter leaving about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes or until pale golden around edges.
- Carefully loosen hot cookies with a metal spatula and transfer to racks to cool (if cookies become to firm to remove without breaking, just return to oven for a cople of seconds to soften).
These cookies were very easy to make. I ran into problems when baking. The butter seemed to melt as the cookies were baking so I ended up with a greasy sheet. I used parchment paper to line the cookie sheet the 2nd time and it was not as greasy. I also used regular sized chocolate chips and so the cookies had to be a little bigger ( 1 tsp drops vs. 1/2 tsp as stated). Overall, these were very tasty.
FANTASTC COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!! very crispy and addicting. thanks.