Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Slightly modified from Southern Living....a flavorful, quick entree.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning (Tony C.'s)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 or larger pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound lightly, simply to even out the thickness. (Don't pound thin, just kind of even out the meat).
- Combine dry ingredients in a shallow bowl, stirring well.
- Pour buttermilk in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken first in buttermilk, then in pecan mixture.
- Place on prepared pan. Drizzle chicken with melted butter.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until chicken is done.