Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
From Reynolds Wrap cookbook, I changed the name because I think it sounds more fun :)
Top Review by Maito
Made these with limes from our tree and they are oh so good! I followed Boomette and used 1/2 cup sugar in the curd, and it was just right for us. I made a half recipe in a brownie pan, but next time I will use a loaf pan, so they won't be so thin. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (use 3 for a more lemony bar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl on low speed of an electric mixer until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into parchment-lined pan. This is your crust.
- Bake crust 20 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended; pour mixture evenly over warm baked crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and bars are brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use edges of parchment lining to lift bars from pan.
- Place on a cutting board. Pull back edges of parchment for easy cutting; sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Cut into bars.