Recipe by Brittney_B
This wonderful Greek dressing boasts a creamy garlic flavour! So easy to make and brilliant served with crackers, toasted Turkish bread fingers, fresh veggies or drizzled over any spicy Mediterranean dish.
Top Review by AmethystJean
Excellent. I was looking to use up my yogurt from another recipe, which happened to be thick mediterranean. Since I didn't want to go to the store, I used lemon juice from a bottle (1 Tbsp). At first I thought it a bit acidic, but after seasoning with salt (I also don't use pepper) and letting the flavours meld, it was perfect. That would be about half the juice from a lemon, I think, so I did use less than the recipe.
The key to not having running dip is using the greek yogurt (or straining regular yogurt) and really getting the water out of the cucumber. I pressed it in a fine seive, then between paper towels and a kitchen towel on the outside.
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or finely chopped)
- 1 lebanese cucumber, grated, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons salt
- salt and pepper, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cucumber with the salt in a small container and put aside in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- squeeze cucumber to drain it of any excess liquid.
- Combine the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and cucumber in a small container and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow flavours to develop.