I have tried plenty of lemon tarts and this one is the absolute best. I like my tart's "tart" so this one definitely has some kick. The pastry is also a favourite and I use it for all sorts of pie recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (280 mL)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1.2 cm)
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1A. Pastry:
- 2Combine flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt by pulsing in a food processor or stirring in a large bowl.
- 3Add cubed butter and process or use a pastry blender to cut in until crumbly. With the motor running add ice water and process just until it comes together. Alternately, drizzle flour mixture with water and stir with a fork until it becomes a ragged dough. Bring together and shape into a disk.
- 4Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 5Press into a 9-inch (23 cm) flan pan, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 6Prick all over with a fork, line with foil, then fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, remove paper and beans, prick if puffed and bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly golden. Do not overbake. Remove from oven.
- 8Reduce oven to 350F (180C).
- 9B. Filling:
- 10Whisk eggs until creamy. Add sugar and flour and whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in lemon and lime juices, then lemon peel.
- 11Pour into baked pie shell, place pan on a shallow rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until filling is slightly puffed and barely set (may still wobble slightly in centre). Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy 'tart' Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of