Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this recipe when we recently had a ice/snow storm and had limited ingredients to create an asian style dinner my hubby was craving for.
- 2 inches pork loin chops, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For the sauce:.
- Mix together Sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- For the pork:.
- Heat 1 TBLS oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, and bell pepper.
- Sauté until crisp tender.
- Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Add remaining TBLS oil to pan, turn up to medium-high heat and add pork. Brown evenly on all sides.
- When pork is browned on all sides, add the vegetables back to the skillet. Add sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10–15 minutes.
- Serve over yellow seasoned rice with frozen peas added into the rice at the last 10 minutes of rice cooking time.