I created this recipe when we recently had a ice/snow storm and had limited ingredients to create an asian style dinner my hubby was craving for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 inches pork loin chops, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1For the sauce:.
- 2Mix together Sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, and cornstarch.
- 3Set aside.
- 4For the pork:.
- 5Heat 1 TBLS oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add garlic, ginger, onion, and bell pepper.
- 7Sauté until crisp tender.
- 8Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- 9Add remaining TBLS oil to pan, turn up to medium-high heat and add pork. Brown evenly on all sides.
- 10When pork is browned on all sides, add the vegetables back to the skillet. Add sauce.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10–15 minutes.
- 12Serve over yellow seasoned rice with frozen peas added into the rice at the last 10 minutes of rice cooking time.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Szechuan Pork
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2029.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: