Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From fresh veggies to a perfect, crisp, and gingery stirfry in 15 minutes. Yum! The key here is that all these veggies cook to done in approximently the same time, sparing you the timing of ingredients in most stirfrys. I suggest some baked or stirfried tofu to go along with this -- you could even do the tofu with the veggies, if you like.
- 1 cup cut broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms, canned or 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 dash sesame oil (optional)
- 1 dash chili oil (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, and scallions.
- Reserve some ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry to season.
- Add mushrooms, pea pods, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Stir fry over very high heat quickly to distribute the seasoned oil evenly.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and reserved garlic and ginger.
- Add sesame and/or chili oil if using now, too.
- Stir fry another 3-5 minutes, until all veggies are done.
- Serve over brown rice.
- If you use instant brown rice, it cooks while you stir fry.
- NOTE: I use precut, bagged veggies for this (a brand called "broccoli wokly"), which simplifies things a great deal and still leaves it cheap.