Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very nice, quick and easy hot potato dish which you can serve with your braai (barbecue) or with basically any meal. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 large potatoes, sliced into 5mm slices
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml cream
- 1 1⁄4 ounces French onion soup mix
- grated cheese
- Set your oven to 180°.
- Put a layer of the sliced potatoes in a shallow rectangular oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle brown onion soup onto the potatoes.
- Sprinkle chopped onion onto potatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste - use the salt sparingly as the soup is quite salty.
- Follow with another layer of potatoes.
- Repeat layers until everything is finished.
- Pour the cream over the food.
- Top with grated cheese to taste.
- Pop into the oven for about an hour.