Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious yet very simple sauce to go on your "from scratch" pizzas. I use it on both my home-made crust as well as my Boboli crust pizzas. It makes enough for 2 large rectangular pizzas or 2 Boboli crusts with some left over. You can easily cut it in half. (It's simplicity takes some of the work out of making pizza from scratch.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside while you fix the rest of your pizza.
- Spread sauce onto pizza crust and top with your favorite toppings.
This makes a really good flavorful sauce! Thanks for posting.
I needed pizza sauce for Italian Chicken and Penne and I didn't have any. I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy and it worked out. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
Pretty good. I added a bit, ok a lot more sugar, but only because I like my sauce on the sweeter side.