Recipe by Pampered chef julie
This recipe is adapted from the one we used to use when I did dome training at a college for pastry arts. It's so simple, freezes really well and tastes great. I use it both for sweet and savory dishes and everyone raves about the "crust"
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub shortening into flour until reduced to irregular pea size.
- Dissolve salt and sugar in cold water.
- Add to the flour and shortening until mixed just enough to incorporate. Do not over mix.
- Transfer dough to floured table (using bread flour), shape into a thick roll, cover with cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for about 30 mins before rolling.
- Divide into portions and use for pie shells etc or use what you need and freeze the rest for later use.
- Bake at temperature suggested by the recipe you are using the pie shell/dough for.