Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a stove top version of my Crock Pot Mac & Cheese. I love the super creamy texture!
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk, soup, cream cheese and spices to a low boil, stirring constantly.
- Add shredded cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Add macaroni and stir to coat.