1/8 Photos of Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie All-In-One Lemon Drizzle Cake!
French Tart's Note:
A delicious and seriously lemon flavoured sticky drizzle cake which echoes the children's rhyme...."Easy peasy lemon squeezie"........EASY TO MAKE! An all-in-one recipe to rustle up at the last minute and impress your friends! When it's raspberry season, I sprinkle fresh raspberries over the top; it can also be served warm with creme fraiche, cream or ice cream as a Pudding Cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 4 ounces golden caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 large lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325 F, 175 C or Gas mark 3.
- 2Grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin or round cake tin.
- 3Put all the cake ingredients together into a large bowl & mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then a hand held mixer for a maximum of 3 minutes.
- 4Pour into the prepared loaf or cake tin & bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 5While the cake is baking, make the syrup.
- 6Mix the lemon juice and sugar together - no need to heat it up.
- 7On removing the cake from the oven, pierce all over the top with a fine skewer or fork - keeping the cake in the tin.
- 8Whilst the cake is still hot, pour the syrup over the top of the cake. Leave in the tin to cool.
- 9The syrup will leave a crunchy residue of sugar and be sticky to touch too!
- 10Keeps well, if you can hide it for long enough!
- 11The quantity above can be easily doubled for a larger family cake.
- 12The cake can also be split and have lemon curd spread between the two layers - it is then called a Luscious Lemon Drizzle Cake!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie All-In-One Lemon Drizzle Cake!
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 519.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of