Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A super easy, tasty way to add a bit of life to a boring chicken breast! Preparation time includes minimum marinade time. You can substitute the garlic powder and bottled lemon juice for fresh ingredients if you like but I use them for quickness. Also you can alter the amount of lemon pepper, lemon juice and garlic powder to taste. I sometimes add some chopped chives or mixed herbs if i fancy a change. Just increase the amounts accordingly to marinade more chicken breasts. This chicken is best cooked on a BBQ but as i live in England 9 times out of 10 it ends up on my George Foreman grill!!! Fanastic and served hot or cold.
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 plastic sandwich bag
- salt (to season)
- In the sandwich bag combine the garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Give it a good shake.
- Score the chickn breasts lightly on both sides (this helps cut down the marinade time).
- Place chicken breasts into the sandwich bag and close. Give them a good massage and put in the fridge to marinate. If possible leave them over night but 20 - 30 mins is long enough for a great flavour.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and cook in your favourite way until the juices of the chicken run clear (on my George Foreman it takes around 15 - 20 mins depending on the thickness of the chicken breast).
- Et voila! I serve with buttered new potatoes and a crisp salad for a tasty, healthy meal. This chicken is also AMAZING on a BBQ!