Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so yummy, I am addicted. I wanted a lassi like the ones from my Indian place, but with less fat and sugar. Super smooth, and really satisfies that need for a smoothie or ice cream, while being very healthy! My kids love this too. The mango taste is so distinctive, the stevia is undetectable. Of course you could use sugar or honey to sweeten to taste as well but that will add sugar and calories.
- 2 cups mangoes, frozen
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder
- Thaw the mango. (I often cheat and use the microwave to speed up the process.).
- Puree thawed mango in the food processor until smooth.
- Add salt, yogurt, and stevia powder, process until smooth.
- Add water. Mix to blend.
- Serve as desired! I like mine over ice with a straw. :D Can be pre-made and stored in advance too. It keeps for days and doesn't separate.
This is a great tasty smoothie! I used just a little honey for sweetener and thought it was great with the mango and tart yogurt. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Low fat products are not healthy
This was easy peasy and good too. I couldn't find my stevia so used sugar. Thanks!