Recipe by Cinnamom in Illinois
This is so easy, it's almost embarassing posting it. Perhaps a version is already here, but this is how we do it. Try the chicken with homemade dumplings, like my daughter begs for, but DO make the dumplings separately in a steamer or separate pan, or it will take longer than an "easy-peasy" recipe calls for!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (I use Kraft Free Zesty)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel is what I use)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in crock pot. It may be frozen if the chicken is the smaller, split and trimmed type of boneless breast.
- Cube the entire block of cream cheese and place evenly over the chicken.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the chicken and cheese, making sure to get some dressing on each part of the chicken.
- Cook on med-low, 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, stir gently to combine juices, dressing and cheese thoroughly to use as sauce. Serve with pasta or rice, or dumplings as above.