Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make this for every special occasion.. very easy,can be made a day or two ahead. You can use any kind of bottled salad dressing,although Greek,Balsamic,and Honey Mustard work well.
- Cut Asparagus approximately 3 inches off the ends.
- Steam until cooked but still somewhat firm.
- Drain water.
- While still warm,drizzle bottle dressing over top.
- Let it cool for a few minutes .
- Slice lemon into thin slices.
- Arrange Asparagus decoratively on platter with lemon slices and chopped parsley.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
Make-ahead vegetable recipes are so handy, and I've often wondered how to do that with asparagus. Thanks to Messy Kitchen Maid, I've found the answer! Per her suggestion, I used Greek dressing, and it is a very nice flavor combination. Lemon and parsley make an attractive presentation. Best of all, it's so easy. Nice to make as a quick meal for yourself (I like to snack on stuff like this) or bigger crowds.
Perfect! This is just the easiest and quickest way to make asparagus for any kind of a get-together. Made as written using Italian and must say it was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Thanks for the post.