Recipe by Messy Kitchen Maid
I make this for every special occasion.. very easy,can be made a day or two ahead. You can use any kind of bottled salad dressing,although Greek,Balsamic,and Honey Mustard work well.
Top Review by ladyfingers
Make-ahead vegetable recipes are so handy, and I've often wondered how to do that with asparagus. Thanks to Messy Kitchen Maid, I've found the answer! Per her suggestion, I used Greek dressing, and it is a very nice flavor combination. Lemon and parsley make an attractive presentation. Best of all, it's so easy. Nice to make as a quick meal for yourself (I like to snack on stuff like this) or bigger crowds.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Asparagus approximately 3 inches off the ends.
- Steam until cooked but still somewhat firm.
- Drain water.
- While still warm,drizzle bottle dressing over top.
- Let it cool for a few minutes .
- Slice lemon into thin slices.
- Arrange Asparagus decoratively on platter with lemon slices and chopped parsley.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.