1/5 Photos of Easy Peasy Apple Turnovers
This recipe was inspired by mliss29's Mushroom Puff Pasties (A.k.a. Footballs) (which was greatly enjoyed by the DS's recreation group) but put a sweet flavour to it instead of savoury. Please note if you do like it sweet then certainly add the sugar for without it is just the flavour of your fruit and the spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Peel, core and small dice apples.
- 3Place apples, cloves, cinnamon and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and cook on a medium heat until just tender (DO NOT LET GO TO MUSHY STAGE) - about 3 minutes.
- 4Remove cloves.
- 5Divide each pastry sheet into 4 squares.
- 6Place a heaping tablespoon of apple on the diagonal of the pastry square.
- 7Pull over to form a triangle and seal using a fork, gently pushing in to the edge to seal, using edge of knife put 1 or 2 small slits into the pastry (to let steam escape).
- 8Continue until all 12 turnovers are filled and sealed.
- 9Brush top of turnovers with whisked egg (you will only use a small amount of the egg) and sprinkle with sugar.
- 10Place on a cookie/baking tray covered with baking paper/parchment paper (I get 6 to a tray).
- 11Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 12TO SERVE.
- 13Serve warm with custard, cream and or ice cream.
- 14With just a sprinkle of icing sugar (confectioners sugar).
- 15I have made up the apple mix and only made 6 turnovers and served the extra apple with them with custard.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.9
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 161.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g