Recipe by BecR
A classic French dessert, made super quick and easy!! Poires Helene was created around 1870 by Auguste Escoffier and named after the operetta La belle Hélène by Jacques Offenbach.
- 59.14 ml chocolate syrup
- 4-8 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 4 canned pear halves, drained
- 78.07 ml raspberry jam (or strawberry jam)
- 14.79 ml hot water
- crystallized violets, optional to garnish (or sliced almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bottom of each of 4 sherbet glasses or bowls, put 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup.
- On top of syrup, place 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Place pear half, cut side down, on top of each portion of ice cream.
- Combine jam and water in a separate bowl and spoon mixture over each pear.
- Garnish top with crystallized violets or sliced almonds, if desired.