Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and quick. Makes great Christmas gifts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Spanish peanuts
- Combine the sugar, pudding mix, and milk in medium sauce pan over medium high heat stirring frequently. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat to medium and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Beat for 3 minutes until thickens and stir in the peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoon full onto wax paper and allow candy to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
- For gifts, give in tins.
Fantastic taste and easy to make. Gave some for treat gifts to neighbors and friends on Christmas Day...went over very well. Thanks Britt for the fantastic recipe.
I followed the recipe exactly as written. Mine didn't set up, thank goodness I had poured it into muffin tins, the next morning is scooped it out and cooked it about 8 min. longer and it finally set up.