Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love peanut butter with chocolate, you will just love this recipe. It's easy and doesn't take much time.
- 473.18 ml self-rising flour
- 78.07 ml raw sugar
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 60 g butter, melted
- 177.44 ml milk
- 14.79 ml icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- PREHEAT OVEN to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Brush a 12-cup (1/2-cup capacity) muffin pan with melted butter or oil.
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Add sugar and chocolate chips; make a well in the center.
- Add combined egg, peanut butter and milk.
- Stir until just combined (do not over beat).
- If you find the mixture too dry add 1/4 cup milk, extra.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in center of muffins.
- Dust with icing sugar when cool (optional).
We all enjoyed the flavor of these but felt they dried out overnight. I was out of self rising flour and made my own using 2 cups ap flour, 3 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt; HOWEVER, due to using salted butter and the peanut butter having salt as an ingredient, I would reduce the added salt to only 1/2 tsp. Thanks for posting!
Sorry, but these turned out horribly. They were chewy and hard, even with added milk. They didn't rise at all, and weren't sweet enough.
nice muffin thanks for posting try adding a teaspoon of lemon juice helps the rising dee