Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is all done in the microwave, so easy!
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages microwave popcorn, popped
- 1⁄2 cup butter (can use margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 20 large marshmallows
- Pour the popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the margarine, brown sugar and marshmallows on HIGH for 1 minute intervals, stirring between each minute until the mixture is melted and smooth; remove from microwave and stir in peanut butter until well blended.
- Pour the melted peanut butter mixture over the popcorn; QUICKLY stir to coat the popcorn before it cools.
This is really good. I like the salty taste of the popcorn with the sweet taste of the peanut butter mixture. I tried it with microwave popcorn (I'm not a fan of microwave popcorn) but thought it was better with regular popcorn that I made. I added butter and salt to it before the peanut butter mix to resemble the microwave popcorn. I substituted butter for the margarine because I don't buy or ever use margarine.