Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My mom has made these every year for as long as I can remember. They are great.
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 2 bags chocolate chips (can use white chocolate, milk chocolate,semi-sweet chocolate chips,whatever you like)
- In large bowl mix all ingredients except chocolate together.
- Mix with hands until very creamy.
- Form mixture into egg shapes (Can make as big or small as desired).
- Place eggs on waxed paper on cookie sheets.
- Chill eggs in frig for a couple hours or freezer for about 45 minutes until eggs are firm and chilled.
- Melt Chocolate in double boiler, Spread chocolate over bottom of egg with knife then place it back on wax paper then cover the top.
- Place back in frig to set chocolate.
Hi!!! I've made these twice so far and to listen to the people that have tasted them they are great!!! I'm a diabetic so unfortunately I couldn't have one but I'm going to try a sugar free type. I'll let you know how they turn out!!!!
I made these Easter eggs yesterday(4/7/07). They are very tasty-- easy to make-- but--extremely messy though.I only needed 2 bags of chocolate chips.The recipe made 37 eggs. Yours Truly-----Marie Larish
I needed a quick easy peanut butter egg recipe for an event we were having at work. I came upon this one and tried it and everyone raved about it. I didn't have to make any adjustment to it when I made it. Thanks!!!!!!