Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super easy PB cookies from a cake mix. I've adapted the recipe to make it low-fat. Very good and moist.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water (or less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl. Make a well in the center, and add peanut butter, applesauce, egg substitute Mix until well blended if necessary add water. Dough should be stiff.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly using a fork dipped in water.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cookies set on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before carefully removing from the cookie sheet to cool on wire racks.
These cookies are just delicious. Healthy and so very easy to make.. This recipe is a keeper !!
Very easy to do. My 12 year old actually made these by himself and I just tasted the finished product. The cookies were very soft and I like the fact they were low in fat and calories. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.
These cookies turned out so well and were simple to put together. I love that they are so low in calories!! Stayed soft over a few days too then they were gone! :) My kids loved them and I'll be using them often now that school is back in session. Thanks Sally for sharing. I'm glad I tagged this recipe in Zaar Cookbook tag.