Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My daughter (a future baker!) decided to make me a birthday cake. Knowing I am not a big cake fan, she came up with this recipe that has a few of my favorite ingredients. Peanut Butter, Reeses Pieces, Chocolate... 'nuff said!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxgolden butter recipe cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (your choice)
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 cup of the prepared cake mix (reserved)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup Reese's pieces
- Prepare cake mix according to package.
- Add cocoa powder, peanut butter, and candies.
- Reserve 1 cup in seperate bowl, set aside.
- Pour into pan as instructed on box.
- Mix reserved cake mix with cocoa powder and peanut butter to make filing.
- Drop by Tblsp on top of cake.
- Use last 1/4 c candies to place on top of chocolate "drops".
- Opition-swirl the chocolate in!
- Bake 350' for 35-45 mns (according to cake mix pkg).
- Suggestion: cookies! with chocolate and candie toppings? let me know if you try this idea, We would love to hear how it works!